Condiciones de alquiler de Europcar - Terms & Conditions
Edad – permisos de conducir - Age and driving license:
1) The lessee/driver of a passenger car or a jeep has to be at least 20 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
2) The lessee/driver of a luxury car has to be at least 25 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
3) The lessee/driver of a bigger vehicles which according to law at any given time requires extended driver license shall present appropriate license at the start of rental.
4) Cash rental deposit: Estimated rental charges. Lessee’s valid credit card required. Visa & MasterCard credit cards accepted. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges, including extra km, extra insurance, parking tickets, damages, tank re-fill or any cost due to the use of the rented vehicle.
Obligaciones del cliente / Obligations of the lessee:
5) The lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
6) The lessee will return the vehicle:
a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items that were in or on the vehicle at the start of rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. If something is missing the lessee agrees that the cost price of individual items that are absent when the vehicle is returned will be charged to his or her credit card. The same applies if extra parts that came with the vehicle are missing upon the vehicle’s return or if returned in an unsatisfactory condition, i.e. these items will be charged to the lessee´s credit card.
9) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of the agreement are authorized to drive the automobile. If lessee drops off the vehicle at different location than stated in this rental agreement the lessor is allowed to charge lessee according to the lessor’s pricelist for the cost caused from fetching the vehicle. If the vehicle is not returned with a full fuel tank lessor is authorized to charge the lessee for refueling the vehicle according to the lessor’s pricelist. The lessee is liable for damage resulting from use of the automobile for which no compensation will be paid by the insurance company. This includes damages to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
16) The lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and see to that it meets the demands made for it.
17) If the vehicle malfunctions, the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible. If the damage is minor, the lessee is authorized to have repairs done on the vehicle after obtaining the lessors consent.
18) The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of the agreement particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
19) The lessor shall inform the foreign lessee regarding Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall particularly point out the dangers stemming from animals on the roads.
20) If the lessor wants to limit the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or conditions, this shall be done in writing when the lease is signed. The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
21) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
22) Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
23) The lessee can purchase separate accident (CDW) insurance. This policy will specify the amount deductible in each instance of loss.
24) Each own-risk only applies to one incident. In instances of more damage that obviously did not occur at one and the same time, each own-risk CDW applies to only one incident.
25) This Collision Damage Waiver - CDW does not cover:
In other instances, reference is made to the general provinsions for accident/all-risks insurance.
26) Insurance: Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law each time. The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the car. By purchasing Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability; the amount of the own-risk fee is according to lessors pricelist at given time and is also stated on the front side of this rental agreement. If lessee has already purchased CDW insurance he/she is able to purchase Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) insurance and by doing so further lower the own-risk. Sand & Ash Damage Waiver (SADW) covers damage caused by sand or ash storm. Self risk of additional insurances is stated in lessors pricelist.
27) However, no insurance covers damages to the underside of the rented vehicle or damages due to driving through rivers or any kind of waterfall. CDW, SCDW & SADW do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessee’s full responsibility. Please see more about insurance in the articles here above.
28) The Lessee confirms with his or her signature to this rental agreement that he or she received the vehicle and attachments in sound condition.
29) Signing this rental agreement is equal to lessee´s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which lessor charges to lessee’s credit card and is rightfully claimed by lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
30) This rental agreement shall always be in the vehicle while at the responsibility of the lessee.
31) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
32) Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of terms stated above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard before thelessors legal venue.
33) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to the lease agreement can be submitted to the Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumer´s Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.
Las condiciones completas se pueden consultar directamente en la página web de Europcar Islandia en:http://www.holdur.is/en/terms-conditions
International Franchisee in Iceland for Europcar.
BÍLALEIGA AKUREYRAR - EUROPCAR ISLANDIA