Crystal Blue Ice Cave - Vatnajökull Glacier
Discover a Crystal Blue Ice Cave on Vatnajökull Glacier
Do you want to delve into the magical world of ice and visit a glacier cave? If you visit Iceland between November and March, you are in a luck. Take this opportunity and you can experience an incredible adventure inside the impressive Vatnajökull glacier.
A professional English-speaking guide will welcome you and accompany you during these two hours of exploration to the largest glacier in Europe. We start our journey to the magical ice cave aboard a SuperJeep and from there we will give you all the necessary equipment such as crampons and helmet to start the adventure. This crystal blue ice cave awaits your visit .
RESERVE YOUR ADVENTURE TO EXPLORE A CRYSTAL BLUE ICE CAVE ON VATNAJOKULL GLACIER:
ITINERARY ICE CAVE - Vatnajökull Glacier:
This excursion leaves every day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon (check the reservations panel) from the Jökulsárlón cafe, in the famous glacier lagoon. The guide will welcome you in a perfectly equipped super jeep, gassed up for the excursion and we will set off for the glacier tongue Breiðamerkurjökull. Along the way, the guide will explain how the ice caves are formed and, once there, we will adjust the helmet and the crampons so that you can set out across the glacier without any problem.
The cave is only about a 5-10 minute away. Inside, you will have all the time you need to explore this natural phenomenon. You can admire the intense blue of the ice and ask all the questions that come to mind. Surely, you will have a memorable experience.
DETAILS for the CRYSTAL BLUE ICE CAVE ADVENTURE TOUR:
- EXCURSION ICE CAVE:
- Difficulty of activity: Moderate (2 / 5). For everyone who possesses good physical condition.
- Reservations: It is recommended to book your spot in advance online to ensure availability.
- Activity duration: 3 hours.
- Departures: From the cafeteria of the Jokulsárlón glacier lagoon.
- Price included: Trip to the ice cave with professional English speaking guide, transfer in super jeep, necessary equipment (helmet, crampons, etc.), local VAT.
- Departures: Every day, once in the morning and once in the early afternoon (according to the reservation table) from November 1 to March 31. You must be on location at least 20 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- What do I need to bring? No matter what time of year you decide to travel to Iceland, it is always important to bring a good waterproof jacket, warm clothes (waterproof pants like Gore-tex), good waterproof shoes, gloves, light hat, sunglasses and camera.
More information about the excursion to the Crystal Blue Ice Cave:
Important note: Sometimes it is not possible to access the cave due to the climate. If the rain has been intense the days before the trip, the cave may be full of water, which will have to be cleared before entering. If this happens, other cave-like formations such as glacial arches will be explored. Your guide will bring you as close to the entrance of the crystal blue ice cave as possible and walk around the area to create, in the same way, a memorable adventure. This refers to all glacier caves (natural) in Iceland. These excursions are subject to weather conditions. They can be canceled at any time for security reasons.
Important note: All activities in the Icelandic nature are carried out under the own responsibility of the clients. ISLANDICA s.r.o. is not responsible for any accidents that may occur during the activities or due to the actions of the participants. The people who participate in these outings are accepting these conditions when booking the excursion. IceEX, ID 684
CRYSTAL BLUE ICE CAVE VATNAJOKULL
Tags: Ice Cave - Vatnajökull, Cave ice Vatnajökull, superjeep, Excursions Iceland, Skaftafell